The Frollo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions for the fanfic writers

2 posters

Go down

Questions for the fanfic writers Empty Questions for the fanfic writers

Post by Hermelinda Thu 5 Dec - 21:25

I would like to ask some questions for the ones who have been writing Frollo and Frollo fanfictions, by curiosity, and also because it makes some time I wonder about these subjects.

-Is there anyone who doesn't like Fresme stories ? I mean, by Frollo and Esmeralda ending together at the end. I know that for some it's because the loss of the tension and all the complex relationships between the two protagonists, but are there any other reasons ?

-How do you feel about writing Frollo himself ? Using his own point of view (first person) or not ? Easy or not, complex ? I guess it depends also a lot from the vision you have from the character and how you understand him.
Hermelinda
Hermelinda
Admin

https://thefrolloforum.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Questions for the fanfic writers Empty Re: Questions for the fanfic writers

Post by Fleurderose Mon 9 Dec - 12:22

I am not Fresme shipper per se but not hater, either, so I can only answer to second question.
I have never used first person, but it is pretty much his POV. I am on Esmeralda´s side but I prefer to concentrate on Frollo´s thoughts.
Easy or complex? Difficult! Writing fan fiction for literature classic is extremely difficult to me.
Fleurderose
Fleurderose

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermelinda Mon 16 Dec - 12:38

Yes, that's true that writing fanfic for literature classic isn't the easiest. It's to touch to a masterpiece, after all, and a very difficult and long one.

I was wondering if it was also writing Claude's POV (first or third person) that was the hardest, or not. In the novel we have his thoughts (but never the ones of Esmeralda) but it doesn't make him easier to write. He's very complex and some writers just write him as Disney's Frollo - that is sometimes very unfair.
Hermelinda
Hermelinda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurderose Mon 16 Dec - 13:37

This is my problem with characters of Les Misérables and Notre Dame of Paris - I fear to turn them to one note stereotypes!
Fleurderose
Fleurderose

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermelinda Thu 19 Dec - 18:16

It is paradoxal to fear this, when they're everything but stereotypes ! Alas, fanfiction is sometimes very hard. Sad
Hermelinda
Hermelinda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum