The Frollo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Les Miz (musical & musical movie)

2 posters

Go down

Les Miz (musical & musical movie) Empty Les Miz (musical & musical movie)

Post by Hermelinda Fri 29 Nov - 19:46

And to go on about the appreciation around the recent adaptations of Hugo's work...Have you seen Les Miserables with Jackman, Crowe and Hathaway ? What a Face Had some other persons seen the musical on stage before, for comparison ?
Hermelinda
Hermelinda
Admin

https://thefrolloforum.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Les Miz (musical & musical movie) Empty Re: Les Miz (musical & musical movie)

Post by Fleurderose Mon 9 Dec - 13:30

I like the musical but I found the movie lacklustre.  Arrangements are terrible, Jackman tries but can´t sing - how can his Bring him home pass a cutting room is a mystery, just as rave reviews of this film. Crowe is like a robot,  Hathaway overrated, Seyfried and Redmayne terribly miscast  - his Empty chairs at empty tables is worst rendition ever, although I blame terrible musical direction. Even those who can sing was put to mumble and cry their parts through.
Fleurderose
Fleurderose

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermelinda Tue 10 Dec - 8:58

If I agree that Cosette and Marius are useless (as always !) I don't find that Redmayne was a such bad choice. Actually I liked a lot the movie, though I confess that I needed twenty minutes before being at ease, I found in first the voices horrible (I've seen the musical twice). Of course they're not qualified for singing as the real singers, but they put their personal interpretation of the songs and I liked that. That it's not just a copy paste of the musical - if not, they should have better recorded the musical on stage.
Hermelinda
Hermelinda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurderose Tue 10 Dec - 9:40

The singing and musical arrangement was just... bad to my ears.  As a musical it was a failure, I think. I also think that visuals were not very good. However, I liked that they squeezed all Les Amis, even Bahorel, in the movie, and showed Cosette as someone helping the poor. Don´t get me wrong, I am all for "clothes are gorgeous, I want to be beautiful!" attitude of the book-Cosette, I don´t need heroines of 19th century literature to be forced in some action heroine mode, but still...
Fleurderose
Fleurderose

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermelinda Mon 16 Dec - 12:47

Yeah, at first the voices are terrible, then I think that you're used to. Even if it hasn't the whole potential of a real musical. And actually I liked a lot Javert's stars, because it shows the fragile balance of the character. He seems more human, sometimes. Deep.

Cosette, well, the useless character...I think she was just following the example of his father. ^^

Was I also the only one to laugh when Valjean said he would be the father and mother of Cosette in same time ? --->
Hermelinda
Hermelinda
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurderose Mon 16 Dec - 13:44

I sort of like that Cosette got happy ending after all of her suffering in the hands of Thénardier family - that she became the novel´s symbol of hope. But she is not easy person to play. I think someone like young Romy Schneider would have had charisma to make her memorable.
But I must to say that if I had to choose one escapee of the barricades, it would not have been Marius! p
Fleurderose
Fleurderose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down